Comprehensive Hygiene In-Office Consult with Jill Taylor
- Posted on: Aug 23 2016
Course Type: In-Office Consultant Courses
This customized 2-3 day in-office consult is designed to assist you with implementing the information and skills presented at LVI in your practice. Over shoulder coaching becomes more effective when the entire team is on the same page shaping a practice periodontal philosophy. This consult introduces a fluid Team approach to caring for patients and merging perfect tissue with perfect teeth. Your entire Team will be offered a better understanding of the oral systemic link, helping them assess and suggest treatment of periodontal disease using the most up to date techniques and technologies.
View our Course Information:
|Tuition: $12,500||Campus: In Office|
|AGD Codes: 490, 550||CE Credits: 24|
The Objectives of this course are for the participant to be able to:
- Identify the Oral Systemic Link: the science and application.
- Develop a medical risk assessment protocol for comprehensive patient care.
- Discuss and establish the guidelines, classifications, and treatment planning for periodontal disease.
- Discuss the most recent research and efficacy on anti-microbial, antibiotic and adjunctive therapies.
- Increase nutritional understanding as it relates to optimal health.
- Utilize chair-side recommendations to introduce Occlusal signs and symptoms as it relates to Physiologic Dentistry.
- Demonstrate and implement the efficacy and the use of micro-ultrasonic versus hand instrumentation and to update the most current application of advanced technology.
- Create a clear Perio Philosophy as it relates to your office Culture.
- Establish guidelines for a closely monitored system, while providing the communication skills to insure the patient’s commitment to their individual balance point as well as ongoing support for incomplete restorative/aesthetic treatment.
- Determine clear distinctions between preventive, supportive and active periodontal therapy and to determine where restorative/aesthetic treatment may be integrated within the patients’ comprehensive treatment plan.
- Refine your communication skills to elicit the patient’s wants and needs.
See what others that have taken the course have to say:
“Jill Taylor is an excellent speaker and really gets all of the team motivated and excited about our role in dentistry! Thank you for inspiring us all to be better clinicians.”
– Krista Hixon
“I knew Jill would be awesome for my team and me. I know my practice will skyrocket with increased perio and neuromuscular production. I can’t wait for her to come back and move us another uncharted level!”
– Dr. Amanda Grimshaw
“I have been with this team for 30 years, off and on! Throughout the years we have engaged in continuing education and this was the most interesting I have attended.”
– Pat Mayberry
“I have learned so much in three days that I feel I can use to help my patients. I love the personality part of the course. I feel it will truly help me with my people skills.”
– Leslie Burket
“I not only learned how to better educate and take care of my patients, I learned how to take better care of my own systemic health.”
– Laura Hodges
“Although I work at the front desk, to be able to put into perspective what the hygienists do really helped me out with being able to give the patients their goal.”
– Stephanie Grawcock
As an assistant, I found it very valuable to learn the importance of our office dynamics and how we present our information.”
– Darlene Witherite
“I learned so much. The best hygiene course I’ve been to.”
– Katya Wallace
“As a front desk associate I was very excited to have this training however I wasn’t sure I would understand a lot of it. Bout within the first five minutes I was blown away by all of the amazing and very understandable information I was given! I would do this training again in a heartbeat! The time went by way too fast! All of the information is backed up by research and we got to experience it first hand!”
– Whitney Winder
“I didn’t want the three days to end. Jill has so much information that I still need to soak up! Jill clearly got across how important we are to our dental team and I wasn’t quite aware of how valuable I was.”
– Kimberly Halowich