Hygiene: Advanced Technologies
- Posted on: Dec 19 2017
Course Type: Hygiene
This course is designed to optimize your LVI journey by identifying missing links in your practice and enhancing the return on your LVI educational investment by boosting your practice’s hygiene efficiency.
The “mouth body” connection can take your practice to the next level, by presenting opportunities to streamline your hygiene department while integrating the ultimate in comprehensive patient care.
- What does the Ultimate hygiene department look like?
- Is your hygienist frustrated with “not enough” time to do everything you ask her to do?
- Would you like to have patients that no longer bleed even just a ‘little bit’?
- How strong is your hygienist in restorative pre-diagnostic and case presentation skills?
- How can you merge healthier teeth with the healthiest tissue?
View our Course Information:
|Tuition: $1,695 – Doctor/Hygienists||Prerequisites: None|
|Team Tuition: $795 – Team||CE Credits: 22|
|AGD Codes: 490, 550||Length of Course: 3 days|
|Campus: LVI Main Campus|
The Objectives of this course are for the participant to be able to:
- Discuss the latest technologies and proven scientific findings to treat periodontal disease.
- Discuss the connection between periodontal health and its systemic implications.
- Effectively risk-assess a patient’s condition to determine optimal treatment planning.
- Deliver a treatment plan and comprehensive case presentation based on the six screenings.
- Demonstrate and bring consistency to risk assessment, oral cancer screening, restorative screening, occlusal screening, sleep apnea screening and periodontal screening.
- Create better understanding of the patient’s wants and needs using persuasive verbal skills.
- Discuss TMD Dentistry and the importance of healthy occlusion.
- Discuss the use of laser theory and application as well as clinical adaptation of microultrasonics.
- Identify the newest restorative materials and how to care for them.
- Create continuity within your hygiene department of the patient care system.
Monday, December 11, 2017 to Wednesday, December 13, 2017
Wednesday, February 21, 2018 to Friday, February 23, 2018
Wednesday, May 23, 2018 to Friday, May 25, 2018
Sunday, August 26, 2018 to Tuesday, August 28, 2018
Wednesday, November 28, 2018 to Friday, November 30, 2018
Take a look at our team:
See what others that have taken the course have to say:
The course was great! Even as a recent graduate I learned and got to do things I have never done before.
– Kristina Heatherington
Fantastic course! This was the most detailed, holistic, interactive, worthwhile and fun hygiene and perio course I have ever taken. Jill Taylor is a treasure! I am thankful for her passion and her contagious enthusiasm for education and learning.
– Serena Gardner
My colleague and I learned so much and were very excited to share our knowledge with the rest of our team. After 12 years of hygiene practice, I’ve learned many new things!
– Angie Urena
“I loved the course, this was my second time taking this class and I still learned a lot of new information.”
– Katelin Mulne
“Awesome course! I’m excited to go home and revamp my hygiene department.”
– Thomas Pare
“I have been a hygienist for 14 years and Jill has definitley ignited a fire in me!”
– Laura Kelly
“I have been a dental hygienist for more than 30 years and continue to be amazed with all of the changes in Dental Hygiene especially in the last 10 years. Fortunately I work for two great dentists (Dr. Ed and Kyan Reeves) who continue to strive to be the best. They introduced me to LVI at least 5 years ago. I have been to te Advanced Hygiene curriculum twice and each time I learn someting different and exciting. Most of the new technology in hygiene I have learned at LVI through their hands-on instruction which is what I love. Most continuing education courses are lecture only. The LVI family are the best!”
– Yvonne DuRoss
“I attended the Advanced Hygiene Core for the first time after being a hygienist for 28 years. Coming to learn from Jill gave me a new passion for my profession and increased enthusiasm for educating my patients and helping them to gain overall health.”
– Rosemary Albanese
“This course has taken our hygiene department from beyond standard of care, to exceptional care.”
– Wendi Murphy
“This course enlightens you to a higher standard of care to provide for your patients while maximizing your clinical value/skills and increasing productivity.”
– Lindsey Sullivan, RDH
“I am excited to have my hygiene team bring this information into my practice. This course will help us to treat our patients more effectively and to incorporate new technologies into our hygiene department.”
– Rhonda Krause
“Jill takes complec theoies and procedures and transforms them into simple, concrete steps we can understand and implement immediately. I know the things I learned at LVI will benefit our patients and office infinitely.”
– Denise Clements, RDH
“I learned a lot. Tons of good information. Very beneficial for first time LVI participant or even as a refresher.”
– Wendy Southgate
“I learned so much more than I ever thought I would. If you want to excel your hygiene program, this course is an absolute must.”
– Sarah Cowles
“Not just for hygienists! I came in place of my doctor when she ot sick. I learned so much and can now support my hygienist to succeed.”
– Lisa Preitaver