Orofacial Pain: Diagnosis and Management
- Posted on: Oct 12 2018
Course Type: Elective Courses
Many painful conditions exist comorbidly with TMDS. Among these are trigger points and migraine mimics. TMDS are a subset of the larger field of orofacial pain. Many orofacial pains are confusing to diagnose and effectively treat.
Orofacial pains often have a site they refer pain to that are far from the source of the pain. Diagnostic anesthetic injections are an indispensable tool for differentiating the source of pain from the site of pain. Injections of local anesthetic and other medications are often the first line of treatment for these confusing pain conditions. Other neuropathic pains require neurosensory stents and medications to treat.
This course is designed to teach the most common non-TMD pain syndromes; how to diagnose and treat them to speed the recovery of your patients.
View our Course Information:
|Tuition: $2,495 – Doctor||Prerequisites: None|
|Team Tuition: $595||CE Credits: 15 Credit Hours|
|AGD Codes: 190||Length of Course: 2 days|
|Campus: LVI Main Campus|
The Objectives of this course are for the participant to be able to:
- Differentially diagnose the most common orofacial pains seen in a general dental practice
- Differentiate Direct Pain from Referred Pain and treat each appropriately
- Perform Trigger Point Injections
- Differentiate between Dental Pain, Sinus Pain, Referred Pain and Neuropathic Pain
- Diagnose Odontalgias and Neuromas; and treat them with Neurosensory Stents using compounded pharmaceutical ointments
- Utilize basic pharmaceutical management of common Orofacial Neuropathic Pains
- Discuss the armamentarium needed to diagnose and treat conditions by injection
- Give diagnostic and treatment injections
Tuesday, October 23, 2018 to Wednesday, October 24, 2018
Tuesday, October 22, 2019 to Wednesday, October 23, 2019
See what others that have taken the course have to say:
This course really allows me to treat pain patients at the next level!
– Dr. Jerry Hu
David did a wonderful job of presenting the injection course in a organized and understandable fashion. We had ample time and training to practice on a partner. I feel ready to provide this service to my patients.
– Dr. Beth Snyder
An excellent course, we once again have more treatment options for our patients. LVI and Dr. Miller have raised the bar again on our level of care available to our patients.
– Dr. Charles Janes
“LVI has done it again! This was a great gap filler in some of my more challenging cases. I have wanted to learn trigger point injections for a long time. David Miller is clear and concise.”
– Dr. Ben Sutter
“Dr. Miller has added another piece to the puzzle for my practice. I will now be able to help patients in ways that will help to achieve health even faster.”
– Dr. Richard Stoar