Practical Advanced TMD Practice- Level 2
- Posted on: Jan 22 2019
Course Type: Practical Advanced TMD Curriculum
The Practical Advanced TMD Practice Continuum is designed to take the serious Physiologic dentist to a level, where he or she can master the patient diagnosis and treatment planning. Topics include: Scan Interpretation, TMD, Anatomy, Physiology, Radiology, Pharmacology, Sleep Breathing Disorders, Risk Management, plus much, much more. It is designed to be a systematic and synergistic educational delivery of the practical, patient oriented material for maximum absorption that will allow the attendee to become experts in the field of Physiologic Dentistry. This set of courses will allow the participant to trouble shoot the myriad of difficult cases that need differential diagnoses involving the above disciplines.
Pat II will build on the information in Level 1 and further explore aspects that provide the practitioner to come up with a differential diagnosis when treating complicated cases. All disciplines mentioned in the Post Core Continuum summary synopsis Case Therapies will be discussed and an opportunity will be presented for the participants to have their cases evaluated and discussed in detail.
View our Course Information:
The Objectives of this course are for the participant to be able to:
- Discuss a gnathologist’s interpretation of computer generated data.
- Utilize the EMG to identify ascending versus descending pain reference patterns.
- Correlate objective data to patient history and physical findings
- Discuss practical and relevant aspects of case stabilization including co-therapy.
- Utilize advanced EMG/ESG data collection and interpretation protocols.
- Utilize Scans 2, 13 and 15 to help diagnose the TMD condition.
- Discuss the growth and development of the crania-facial structures.
- Discuss the functional classifications of craniomandibular disorders.
- Identify upper airway obstruction in the development of malocclusion, micrognathia and reconstruction failures.
- Describe etiology and correction of tongue thrust and TMD Malocclusion
- Understand the importance of testing cranial nerve and the use of radiographic analysis.
- Identify postural effects and their interrelationship with occlusion.
- Discuss the neurological and neurotransmitter control of mastication and posture.
- Discuss the functional anatomy of the autonomic nervous system.
- Identify options for treatment of pain such as acupuncture meridian and auricular acupuncture.
- Discuss the importance of Sleep Breathing Disorders and its impact on the Physiologic balance.
- Perform diagnostic injections into trigger points to help with diagnosis.
Wednesday, September 18, 2019 to Friday, September 20, 2019
Take a look at our team:
See what others that have taken the course have to say:
It was the final piece of information I needed to treat TMD patients.
Dr. Kent Stringham
Another terrific course. I really appreciate the expertise of the instructor and their ability to bring it all home. I am very happy that I came to embark on my LVI Journey. It has given me many more tools to effectively manage my patients. As busy as I am in my practice, I feel that I haven’t worked a day in the last 10 years. Thanks for all that you do!
Dr. Mike DesRosiers
Further expanding on some missing factors to be considered with different TMD, headache migraine patients. Excellent course, highly recommended for advanced practitioners. Thank you! PS Bill thanks for the awakening on the stretching class.
Dr. Robert Logan
All I can say is wow! This class tied everything together! The tools learned now will help us get our patients back to the physiologic position not only of the jaw but of the entire body!
Dr. Brian McDowell