Orofacial Myofunctional Disorders (OMD) and Myofunctional Therapy
- Posted on: Jan 22 2019
Course Type: Elective Courses
When the tongue is not acting properly during speech, swallow, or at rest…it can cause all sorts of problems from newborns to adults. From issues with OSA, TMD, pain, restorative/ortho relapses, speech, sucking, posture, and swallowing…to name a few, the tongue plays a huge role. The muscles of the face, mouth, and throat must be in balance to work together in harmony.
This course is designed to enhance your Physiologic Based Practice by uncovering the secrets of the most powerful muscle we work with…THE TONGUE!
View our Course Information:
|Tuition: $1995 – Doctor||Prerequisites: None|
|Team Tuition: $995||CE Credits: 15|
|AGD Codes: 180||Length of Course: 2 days|
|Campus LVI Main Campus|
The Objectives of this course are for the participant to be able to:
- Identify, diagnose and treat the most common OMD’s in your practice.
- Utilize knowledge of how faces develop to create beautiful faces.
- Stop patients from practicing Oral Habits.
- Classify tongue tie and lip ties and identify when and how to surgically remove them.
- Discuss posture as it relates to OSA, TMD and OMD.
- Treat a patient starting Monday morning utilizing hands on myofunctional therapy exercises.
- Review of tongue anatomy and what you need to remember.
- Tongue health: What can your tongue tell you about the state of your health?
- Identify warning signs from birth to puberty and learn how to direct the growth of your children.
- Discuss how OSA and TMD relate to OMD.
- Discuss what screening tools to use the very next day back in your practice.
Monday, May 13, 2019 to Tuesday, May 14, 2019
Wednesday, August 14, 2019 to Thursday, August 15, 2019
Take a look at our team:
See what others that have taken the course have to say:
“Dr. Dickerson’s Orofacial Myofunctional Disorders and Myofunctional Therapy Course is one of the most comprehensive courses on the topic available. In the past few years I traveled the Country taking multiple courses on the same subject trying to connect the dots. Had to take different classes at different times and different parts of the Country to understand the concept of OMDs and MT, sleep breathing disorders and importance of proper breathing. Just took Dr. Dickerson’s course on OMDs and MT last week at LVI and have to say it was presented very clearly in a 2 day seminar, you will walk away armed with knowledge and ready to treat your patients the next day you return to your office! Loved it!”
– Aida Bosnjak, RDH, OMT, BBPI, DSMC
“Learning myofunctional therapy is essential as a head & neck dentist. It is the missing link between the field of dentistry & medicine and is imperative to the function and development of the face.”
Dr. Saba Ahmed
“Heidi and Jill were both fun and entertaining while providing very valuable information that’s critical to providing comprehensive care that as Physiologic Dentists we should be providing. As an LVI grad who returns for new courses or updates. I love the fact that information is constantly evolving and the instructors are students themselves who are continually seeking new knowledge which they share with us.”
Dr. Michael Firouzian
“Excellent course, I didn’t want to take this course because I know a lot of MT before but the amount of information and the quality of the content is incredible.”
Dr. Ibrahim Ghali
“I thought I knew OMD but the course really put it all together.”
Dr. Kent Stringham
“Thank you for continuing to expand my/our knowledge and understanding of how we can help our patients, family, friends and myself.”
Dr. Chad Boger