Orofacial Myofunctional Disorders (OMD) and Myofunctional Therapy
- Posted on: Mar 12 2017
Course Type: Elective Courses
When the tongue is not acting properly during speech, swallow, or at rest…it can cause all sorts of problems from newborns to adults. From issues with OSA, TMD, pain, restorative/ortho relapses, speech, sucking, posture, and swallowing…to name a few, the tongue plays a huge role. The muscles of the face, mouth, and throat must be in balance to work together in harmony.
This course is designed to enhance your Physiologic Based Practice by uncovering the secrets of the most powerful muscle we work with…THE TONGUE!
View our Course Information:
|Tuition: $1995 – Doctor||Prerequisites: None|
|Team Tuition: $995||CE Credits: 15|
|AGD Codes: 180||Length of Course: 2 days|
|Campus LVI Main Campus|
The Objectives of this course are for the participant to be able to:
- Identify, diagnose and treat the most common OMD’s in your practice.
- Utilize knowledge of how faces develop to create beautiful faces.
- Stop patients from practicing Oral Habits.
- Classify tongue tie and lip ties and identify when and how to surgically remove them.
- Discuss posture as it relates to OSA, TMD and OMD.
- Treat a patient starting Monday morning utilizing hands on myofunctional therapy exercises.
- Review of tongue anatomy and what you need to remember.
- Tongue health: What can your tongue tell you about the state of your health?
- Identify warning signs from birth to puberty and learn how to direct the growth of your children.
- Discuss how OSA and TMD relate to OMD.
- Discuss what screening tools to use the very next day back in your practice.
Take a look at our team:
See what others that have taken the course have to say:
“Another piece of the puzzle to get patients healthy. An ‘ah ha’ moment in those difficult cases that don’t solve all the way. A must for all NM dentists.”
– Dr. Teresa Isbell
“I’ve had my best years as a dentist since coming to LVI. Every course has paid me ten fold bot economically and in my heart for helping so many people.”
– Dr. Michael Adler
“What I learned was so invalable to me and for my patients. I now am better equipted to help my patients. It gives me the ability to leverage my team to better treat our patient and increase our incomes. It put all the puzzle pieces together. LVI has given me the confidence and knowledge to expand my practice with big dollar procedures with treatments that my team and I didn’t know how to do successfully.”
– Dr. James Powell
“I do not think I would still be practicing dentistry if I have not been involved in LVI. Because of LVI, I am passionate in what I do.”
– Dr. Mike Deldar
“OMD training is essential for anyone who wants to treat the “broken human beings” we see. I know the PAT series is literally like taking a drink from a firehose, but there is no other place on the planet you can get this kind of training. IT is the synergy of all the faculty that truly exemplifies the saying, “the sum is greater than the parts”. The only comparison I can think of would be to get into a University residency program that allows you to be exposed to, and taught by an entire faculty department who are dedicated to the art and science of neuromuscular dentistry.”
– Dr. David Buck